As you know, work is a rehabilitating force, building self-reliance, confidence and self-esteem. Often, skills training can prepare a resident to enter into society as a productive member. Residents build skills throughout their residency tenure in our seperate ministries; the houses, the offices and the multi-purpose Moran Center, skills such as:
- Home rehabilitation skills, often practiced and perfected on Magnificat Properties.
- Woodworking, metalworking and construction trades.
- Retail skills, such as pricing, stocking, sales and sales management.
- Computer and office skills.
- Moving and hauling trades.
- Furniture renewal.
- Food service and cooking.
- Residential management.